We're so excited to introduce the second annual Little Mama Shirt Shop Summer Reading Challenge. Last year, thousands of mamas and little ones all around the world participated and we're expecting even more this year.
This program is free to join and all ages are welcome. Reading with our children through the summer is a fun way to cultivate connection and help keep them sharp for school in the fall. In fact, research shows that children who are read to at least three times a week by a family member are more than twice as likely to score in the top 25% in their reading scores, compared to children who are read to less than three times a week.
No purchase is necessary to join, but LMSS Library Totes can be found here.
See our team's favorite books here.
The Summer Reading Program is so easy and fun! Here's how to join:
- Download the free Printable Reading Tracker here.
- Read 200 books (or 200 chapters) with your child this summer, marking them off on the tracker as you go.
- Keep track of your favorite books on the back of the tracker so you can go back and read them again. Challenge your child to read books about different topics from diverse authors across all eras.
- Send a photo of your completed tracker to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th to receive a special LMSS discount code.
- Follow along on LMSS Social Media (Facebook and Instagram) for book suggestions, reading ideas and activities, and help us vote on the 2020 LMSS Reading Tee!